Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Trailing Sister

This piece is admittedly one of the hardest I've ever written: one because I'm wanting to gather a greater audience and that is both terrifying and exciting- putting myself out there to be judged nearly makes my finger's freeze, but even more than that: this I wrote from deep within tonight. Not wanting my writing to be too surface, to have real depth and meaning and put a part of myself truly on the page.

Darkened heart scabs that prick at me within,
Writing from that squishy place is so hard but needed now,
The pains my soul bore are now passed on and born by another,
Sweet little sister, please don’t suffer any more.

I was there too, thought no one understood,
Could possibly understand what its like,
Barely coming to know who I am in this world of water and dirt,
So many faces, telling you what to be,
But the one you needed most is the one that brings the sting.

She is sick sister,
She doesn’t know what she does, how one word changes everything,
Her love is real, but her mind is broken,
Like looking through the shards of a shattered glass,
Build your own mirror now,
One that you can look in and always like what you see.

0 comments: